Friday 8 March 2013

Fiona's photographic finds so far!



In this blog I will tell you what I have been up to, my plans for the final three weeks, and some interesting things I have found in the collection.

Since the last blog the catalogue is well on its way now with all of the Royal Edinburgh Hospital photographs catalogued and almost 1000 photographs catalogued all together. There was excitement in the office yesterday when our brand new ringbinder boxes and sleeves arrived for rehousing the photograph collection. I cannot wait to get started!

Earlier this week I was lucky enough to receive some help from a couple of our volunteers, Laura and Jessica, who conquered the mammoth task of arranging the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh photographs ready for cataloguing. They were a great help and saved me two days of tough work! Below you can see a photo of their hard work. 

RIE photos sorted and ready for re-housing
For the next few weeks I will be continuing to catalogue the photograph collection and start rehousing! In my joint blog with Charlotte I will hopefully be able to show you some pictures of our newly rearranged, catalogued and re-housed photographs (I know. It’s all very exciting.)
Please have a look at the photos below to see a couple of the interesting things I have found whilst sorting the photos.

Some nurses serving in Egypt during WWI

Paddling in the sea, 1906 – found in a photo album in one of the dentistry boxes. What this has to do with dentistry I will probably never know, but a pleasant find all the same







No comments:

Post a Comment